We are pleased to announce the release of mooSocial 3.2.0 and mobile app 1.9.
Keeping PHP version up-to-date is highly recommended and important as it makes the site safer and faster. It’s what we focused on in 3.2.0.
Beside that, we also made some improvements follow the contribution from members of the moosocial community site. A lot of found bugs from the previous version are also addressed at this new release.
Regarding the mobile apps, In version 1.9 of the apps, we converted the apps to use react-native. It is the most popular technology being used by many mobile app developers. This makes the app easier to develop and maintain.
Main Updates in the 3.2.0
- Php 8: Upgraded core + all plugins to make them compatible with php 8
- Report for comment: Added option to allow user to report a comment or reply
- Improved email verification process: System will send the verification code instead of link for user to click on to verify
- Events plugin: Added “All events” tab that shows all events inside the system. Latest created event will be on top
- Event plugin: Improved date + time picker to make it more easier to select date and time and make it consistent with the apps.
- Removed membership package selection field at sign up page. Members will be asked to upgrade membership if it’s enabled after logged in.
- Forgot password flow change: If the user has not verified email yet then use the forgot password function to recover password. If he finished all steps the system will auto set him as verified also.
- Added hide/show pass icon into pass field
- Block feature: Do not allow regular user to block admin
- Reflected XSS issue in 3.1.8: fixed follow the report here https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/51670
- Fixed a lot of found bugs from previous versions
Main Updates in 1.9
- Dark mode support
- Open ID integrated: SSO login in to mooSocial apps via any OAuth/OpenID Connect Identity provider such as facebook, google, apple…, and others. This integration allows secure login to your mooSocial apps without having to remember a username and password.
- UI/UX improvements
- In-app purchase improvements
- Convert all existing native features to react-native technology for easier to develop and maintenance
- Improve email verification, it send the code instead of verification link
- Fixed a lot of found bugs from previous versions.
Below are some importance notes for the new version:
- New versions are available to download at client area
- Paid plugins are fully compatible with the 3.2.0 version.
- Upgrade your apps to 1.9 if you upgraded your site to 3.2.0 version.
- Paid themes: all themes are fully compatible with 3.2.0 version.
- mooSocial cloud: new version will auto update soon for all existing clients.
DO NOT upgrade your live site and app until you have a full backup of your site’s files, database and have successfully performed a test upgrade on your development (test) site first.
Use code “hpny2024″ at checkout. Expired 15 Feb, 2024.
We heard you’re excited about the New Year. We want to make the upcoming year 2024 special for you as well by offering 20% off on our products and services. This over is validated till Jan 10-Jan-2024.
Sounds great? Use code hny24 to get 20% OFF now
mooSocial Black Friday Sale! Get 30% Off on all products by entering “blackfriday2023″ at checkout. Expire on 1st Dec, 2023.
Creating a social networking site with WordPress is possible, but it’s a complex task that may require technical expertise, time, and resources. You’ll need to leverage various plugins and possibly custom development to achieve your goals. Here’s a simplified step-by-step guide to help you get started:
Select a Domain and Hosting:
- Choose a domain name that’s relevant to your social network.
- Purchase web hosting with sufficient resources and good performance.
- Install WordPress on your hosting server. Many hosting providers offer one-click installations for WordPress.
Choose a Theme:
- Select a WordPress theme that suits your social networking site’s design and functionality needs. Look for themes that support community and social features.
Install Essential Plugins: To transform your WordPress site into a social network, you’ll need several plugins. Here are some essential ones:
- mooWP: mooWP is a wordpress plugin, it acts as a bridge between mooSocial platform and WordPress to turn your WordPress Site Into a Social Network. It allows you to turn your one-time visitors into loyal, long-term users by providing them a place to sign up, connect with each other, post messages, and more
- BuddyPress: BuddyPress is a powerful plugin that adds social networking features like user profiles, activity streams, groups, and private messaging to your site.
- bbPress: If you want to include forums in your social network, bbPress is a popular choice.
- Ultimate Member: This plugin allows you to create custom user profiles and membership systems.
- WP Symposium: Another alternative to BuddyPress, WP Symposium offers social networking features.
- WPSocial: WPSocial is a comprehensive social networking plugin that provides various features for creating a social network.
Customize and Configure Plugins:
- Configure your chosen plugins according to your requirements. You’ll need to set up user registration, profile fields, activity feeds, groups, and other social features.
User Registration and Profile Setup:
- Customize user registration and profile fields to gather relevant information from your members.
- Implement an activity stream that displays updates, posts, and interactions within the community.
Groups and Communities:
- If your social network is focused on specific niches or interests, create groups or communities for users to join.
- Set up privacy options that allow users to control who can see their profiles and content.
Messaging and Notifications:
- Configure messaging and notification systems to keep users engaged and informed.
Moderation and Security:
- Implement moderation tools to manage user-generated content and ensure the security of your social network.
Content Creation and Engagement:
- Encourage users to create and share content, engage in discussions, and interact with each other.
- If you plan to monetize your social network, consider options like membership subscriptions, ads, or premium features.
Testing and Optimization:
- Test your social networking site thoroughly to identify and resolve any issues or bugs. Optimize performance for a smooth user experience.
Launch and Promote:
- Once you’re satisfied with the site, launch it and start promoting it to your target audience.
- Continuously manage and moderate your social network to foster a positive and engaging community.
Regular Updates and Maintenance:
- Keep your WordPress installation, themes, and plugins up to date. Regularly review and improve the functionality and features of your social networking site.
Creating a social networking site with WordPress is a significant undertaking, and you may need to invest in web development skills or hire professionals to help you achieve your goals. Additionally, consider the scalability of your hosting solution, as a growing community can put more demands on your server resources.
With mooSocial and mooWP plugin, we will provide a powerful solution for you to Turn your WordPress site to a powerful online community without coding skill required. Click here for more details